Samsung Electronics has announced the fifth generation of its Galaxy S series, the Galaxy S5, at Mobile World Congress Wireless Show (MCWS) held at Barcelona, Spain. The device will have improved biometric security feature, similar to Apple iPhone 5, the company announced.
The S5 is slightly larger than the previous models and will be available in early April. Users need to scan their finger print, which stay on the front side, to unlock the device.
5.1” FHD Super AMOLED display with 1080p resolution will give more picture clarity and 16-megapixel camera with UHD 4K video recording at 30fps and various software features will give better photographic experience to the Hi-end smart phone users.
“With the Galaxy S5, Samsung is going back to basics to focus on delivering the capabilities that matter most to our consumers,” said JK Shin, President and Head of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung. “Consumers are looking for mobile tools that inspire and support them as they improve their everyday lives. The Galaxy S5 represents an iconic design with essential and useful features to focus on delivering the ultimate smartphone on the market today through people inspired innovation.”
Main specifications of Galaxy S5
- Size: 142 x 72.5 x 8.1
- Weight: 145g
- 5.1-inch FHD Super AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 resolution)
- 2.5GHz quad-core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16/32GB of memory
- microSD support up to 64GB
- 16-megapixel camera with UHD 4K video recording at 30fps and various software features
- 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
- LTE Cat 4 (150/50Mbps) support
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80 MIMO (2×2) Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0 BLE/ANT_
- USB 3.0
- IR Remote
- 2800mAh battery
- IP67 Dust and Water Resistant
- Fingerprint scanner
- Heart rate sensor
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with various software features on top including Ultra Power Saving Mode, Download Booster, S Health 3.0, Quick Connect, Private Mode, Kids Mode