This year we have seen a lot of new high end devices were launched from a variety of manufacturers and every year Samsung add’s a new high end phone to its galaxy series and this time its Quad-Core Galaxy S4. Today we will guide you through step by step tutorial for gaining root access on your Galaxy S4 I9500 International version. In beginning you need to flash the Cofface’s ClockworkMod recovery on your Galaxy S4 and this is strict requirement if you want to root your device.
The steps which are shown in this article are only for the Galaxy S4 I9500. Applying this procedure on another device may give you unwanted result or can damage or even brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Galaxy S4 I9500.Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Galaxy S4 I9500.
How to Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 On Android 4.2.2
- First of all download all files from the download section and unzip it to a specified location.
- Then you need to switch of your Galaxy S4 for entering in download mode. For this you have to hold volume up + Down and plug in the USB cable to your Galaxy S4 while still holding down the volume buttons.
- Then you need to launch the Odin 3 on your computer and connect your device in download mode to computer using the cable. Odin will automatically detect the connection and indicate comport.
- For flashing the recovery, in PDA you need to select the “cofface_samsungI9500_recovery_en_0503.tar file”. Then hit the start button to startup flashing the new PDA.
- After the completion of flashing phone will reboot automatically and then power it back off.
- Then you need to reboot your phone into CWM recovery that you just installed by holding volume up + home buttons.
- In recovery go to “root your phone” then CWM recovery will notify when the process is complete.
- Then reboot your device once again and you must have super user app installed on your Galaxy S4. And please don’t update the Super user binaries after this.
Now your Galaxy S4 is rooted now and enjoy the root access.