According to the latest report published by Credence Research, Inc. the global market for Neutropenia treatment was valued at USD 11,279.2 million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 17,331.4 million by 2027, increasing to CAGR by 5.0 per cent from 2019 to 2027.
Neutropenia is a rare disease in which sudden decreases in neutrophil levels have been observed leading to compromised immunity. Neutropenia may be caused by a number of diseases or conditions such as cancer chemotherapy, infections, congenital bone marrow disorders, autoimmune disorders, and specific medicines (drug-induced neutropenia). According to experts, when the level of neutrophils is less than 1,500 neutrophils per microliter of blood in adult neutropenia is confirmed, but in some cases the level of neutrophils may be lower than the average, but there is no risk of infection. The global prevalence of acute neutropenia is between 0.9 per cent and 2.0 per cent and the prevalence of chronic neutropenia ranges from 0.06 per cent to 0.12 per cent. Key factors responsible for the growth of the neutropenia treatment market, such as increased prevalence of leukemia, chemotherapy is the first line of action against leukemia and a high level of awareness of neutropenia in physicians.
Browse the full report at https://www.credenceresearch.com/report/neutropenia-treatment-market
In 2018, the Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF) drug class dominated the overall neutropenia treatment market, being the first line of action and the only target-specific drug approved by regulatory authorities. G-CSF stimulates the production of granulocytes in patients with neutropenia, leading to an increase in white blood cell counts. In cancer patients, G-CSF is prescribed as primary prophylaxis, which refers to its use in cancer patients after the first cycle of chemotherapy but prior to the development of neutropenia to prevent further complications. The overall treatment pipeline for neutropenia appears to be promising with products present in phase III clinical trials such as SPI-2012 (Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.),F-627 (Generon (Shanghai) Corporation Ltd.), Leucostim (Dong-A ST Co., Ltd.) and Plinabulin (BeyondSpring Pharmaceuticals Inc.), among others.
During the forecast period from 2019 to 2027, Asia Pacific was identified as the fastest-growing region in the treatment of neutropenia due to an increasing prevalence of leukemia in Asia Pacific, increased awareness of diagnosis and treatment of neutropenia, and increased availability of novel drugs to the market by 2027.
Market Competition Assessment:
The neutropenia treatment market will significantly grow and key companies operating in this market are promoting research & development activities as well as awareness related to neutropenia treatment. The key market strategies used by companies present in this market are increasing awareness related to prophylactic measures, early diagnosis, and effective treatment of neutropenia. The companies present in this market are Amgen, Inc., Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Generon (Shanghai) Corporation Ltd., Dong-A ST Co., Ltd., BeyondSpring Pharmaceuticals Inc., Myelo Therapeutics, Inc., Cellerant Therapeutics, Inc., and Sandoz (Subsidary of Novartis AG) among others.
Download Free PDF Sample Request: https://www.credenceresearch.com/sample-request/59839
Key Market Movements:
- Rising awareness specific to neutropenia & chemotherapy-related side-effects and developing diagnostic technology is anticipated to assist the overall growth of neutropenia treatment in the near future
- Promising drug pipeline with around 5 drugs in phase III clinical trials to treat neutropenia is responsible for significant growth
- Increasing prevalence of leukemia is expected to rise the risk of neutropenia especially post chemotherapy
By Type of Drug Class Segment (2017–2027; US$ Mn)
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF)
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)
By Pipeline Analysis
- Plinabulin – Phase 2/3 (BeyondSpring Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- EC-18 – Phase 2 (Enzychem Lifesciences Corporation)
- SPI-2012 – Phase 3 (Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- rHSA-GCSF 2.4mg – Phase 2 (Tianjin SinoBiotech Ltd.)
- Probio-Fix Inum – Phase 2 (S&D Pharma SK s.r.o.)
- Pegteograstim – Phase 2 (Samsung Medical Center)
- F-627 – Phase 3 (Generon (Shanghai) Corporation Ltd.)
- Astragalus polysaccharides 500 mg – Phase 2 (PhytoHealth Corporation)
- Leucostim – Phase 3 (Dong-A ST Co., Ltd.)
- myelo001 – Phase 3 (Myelo Therapeutics, Inc.)
- Romyelocel-L – Phase 3 (Cellerant Therapeutics, Inc.)
By Geography Segment (2017-2027; US$ Bn)
- North America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Latin America
Credence Research is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives. Over almost a century, we’ve manufactured a firm extraordinarily prepared to this task.
Name: Chris Smith
Address: 105 N 1st ST #429,
SAN JOSE, CA 95103 US
Toll-Free (US/CANADA) Ph.: +1-800-361-8290