Recently we were talking to some of our site visitors and they were mentioning how they use a service like iDealers.com to sell their iPhone. That’s fine. We’ve heard nothing but good things about their service but we wanted to take a moment to suggest what you can do to make sure you data is secure.
Fortunately, iPhones are easy to erase and the process is already secure. Sites like cnet.com have some handy video tutorials if you’d prefer to learn that way. Otherwise, follow these simple instructions.
- Plus your iPhone into your computer
- Launch iTunes
- Click on the iPhone and press restore
- Change all of your passwords. That way, even if someone does find a way to get to the data, they still won’t be able to get into your email or social networking accounts.
- Follow the original restore instructions above
- Go to each of these tabs and uncheck all of the buttons: info, photos, podcasts and video
- Find a play list that’s the same size as your hardrive and then sync the phone again. This will replace all of the data on your hard disk with new data.
- Now restore your phone one more time.