Thebaine is an opiate alkaloid which is extracted form poppy of Papaver somnifer and Papaver bracteatum. Thebaine is also referred as codeine methyl enol ether and paramorphine, it is available as a minor constituent in the range of 0.2 % and 1.5 % in opium poppy and has structural configuration similar to morphine and codeine. Its physical properties are that it is a crystalline, white substance which is slightly soluble in water.
Thebaine is more lethal substance than morphine therefore categorized as poisonous alkaloid. The major producer of thebaine from opium poppy is Australia, Spain, France, and Hungary; together they produce 90% of thebaine globally. The pharmacodynamics of thebaine is that it is having a stimulatory effect by acting on the opioid receptors present in the central nervous system, whereas morphine and codeine has a depressant effect. If ingested at high doses it results in convulsion similar to strychnine toxication.
Download Sample research report with TOC and Figures @ https://www.credenceresearch.com/sample-request/58871
According to the data presented by the International Narcotics Control Board the estimated area involved in the cultivation of opium poppy rich in thebaine are 16,800 hectares. Thebaine is categorized under the schedule II of Analog Act of U.S. and Controlled Substances Act of international law. It is classified as a Class A drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 in Great Britain.
Thebaine as such does not find any medicinal use but is employed as a raw material or lead substance for the industrial synthesis of opiate narcotics such as nalbuphine, naltrexone, naloxone, oxymorphone, oxycodone, buprenorphine and other narcotic drugs which finds therapeutic use. Major companies such as Noramco and Tasmanian alkaloids are actively engaged in the cultivation of the variety Papaver Somniferum and Papaver bracteatum to extract industrial grade thebaine, they work in collaboration with the customers to provide thebaine with the highest level of efficiency, purity and supply security.
The global thebaine market is segmented on the following bases:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key players identified for global thebaine market includes:
The prominent players of the global thebaine market are API Labs, Inc., Alcaliber S.A., CEPiA Sanofi, Faran Shimi Pharmaceutical Co., Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Noramco (Johnson and Johnson), TPI, Tasmanian Alkaloids (S.K. Capital Partners).
Do inquiry before purchase the Industry Research Report @ https://www.credenceresearch.com/inquiry-before-buying/58871
This report offers:
- A precise summary of the scope of the global thebaine market is as follows:
- In the scope of the report the historical information of 2015 is given which is helpful in identifying the trends prevalent in the thebaine market for the duration of 2015-2025 and forecast period of 2017-2025
- Market assessment for the respective segments is done and provided with their respective compound annual growth rate
- Attractive investment proposition in accordance to the geography and the top three countries are depicted on the parameters of market size and compound annual growth rate
- Competitive landscape is elucidated to understand the competitive milieu in the thebaine market by mapping the product portfolio, inception and geographical presence of the prominent players existing in thebaine market
- Company profiles for the major players are highlighted along with their business description, financial information, product portfolio and recent news coverage
Credence Research is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives. Over almost a century, we’ve manufactured a firm extraordinarily prepared to this task.
Name: Chris Smith (Global Sales Manager)